High Strength, Bioavailable Zinc Powder With Vitamin C And Activated B6.
Size: 114 g oral powder (30 days)
Children 4 to 8 years: Acute:Add ¼ metric teaspoon (0.95 g) to 100 mL water once daily with food.
Children 9 to 13 years: Acute:Add ¼ metric teaspoon (0.95 g) to 100 mL water twice daily with food.
Children 9 to 13 years: Maintenance:Add ¼ metric teaspoon (0.95 g) to 100 mL water once daily with food.
Adults and children over 14 years: Acute:Add ½ metric teaspoon (1.9 g) to 200 mL water twice daily with food.
Adults and children over 14 years: Maintenance:Add ½ metric teaspoon (1.9 g) to 200 mL water once daily with food.
Ingredients in Meta Zinc with Vitamin C have been shown to or may:
- Prevent zinc deficiency.1
- Reduce severity and duration of colds.2, 3
- Exclusive Meta Zn®- Zinc bisglycinate powder is easily absorbed with little side effects, such as nausea. It’s high strength, great tasting, and suitable for use in children.
- Meta Zinc with Vitamin C provides superior absorption and bioavailability, without the side effects, like nausea. Zinc in Meta Zn® – Zinc bisglycinate is covalently bound to two glycine molecules. As glycine is the smallest amino acid, the whole Meta Zn® – Zinc bisglycinate molecule is small enough to be absorbed through abundant protein absorption channels instead of competing for few mineral absorption channels. The covalent bond is strong enough that it is not affected by stomach acid therefore preventing interactions with the gastro-intestinal lumen, where other forms of zinc may irritate and cause nausea and stomach upsets.4
Deficiencies of vitamin C and zinc severely supress immune response. Low zinc status may increase susceptibility to infectious diseases, such as diarrheal diseases or viral infections, as well as impact both T and B lymphocyte function, and the production of thymic hormone in the thymus.1 Vitamin C and zinc support epithelial barriers, cellular proliferation and antibody production.1 Vitamin C is necessary for:
- Leucocyte and macrophage functions
- Neutrophil motility and phagocytosis
- Antimicrobial activity
- Interferon synthesis and antihistamine properties1
- Children need zinc for brain growth and development.4 Zinc is required for regulating protein synthesis and tissue growth, as well as cellular signalling.4,5 During early development, cellular activity may be particularly sensitive to zinc deficiency, which has been shown to compromise cognitive function.4
- Meta Zinc with Vitamin C is also used for male health, particularly sperm health and testosterone production.6 Zinc plays an important role in wound healing and the management of acne.7